One of the well renounced clients of Zeva IT LLC who is one of the largest and most well-established engineering companies in the United States, with offices throughout the U.S. and more than 400 professionals on staff looking for a full-time Sr. Process Mechanical Engineer located in Auburn, CA.
- Lead the development of P&IDs.
- Perform mass and energy balance calculations.
- Lead the design effort to size and select pumps, pipes, ducts, conveyors, and other material handling equipment, process equipment, utility equipment
- Lead the engineering effort to engineering and construction documents, drawings and specification
- Coordinate design with other engineering disciplines to ensure delivery of a cohesive, consistent and complete design package for projects. Engineering disciplines may include process, mechanical, plumbing, structural, architectural, civil, and others.
- Lead and conduct design review presentations with clients. Elicit necessary feedback and incorporate into work produced by the design team.
- Respond to contractor RFI effectively and efficiently.
- Provide technical support to startup of process systems and their commissioning.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications.
- Four-year college degree in engineering with a major in Mechanical, Chemical, or other relevant engineering disciplines.
- At least ten years of engineering experience.
- Demonstrable, prior work experience leading design work.
- Extensive and in-depth engineering knowledge of common, industrial equipment and systems.
- Familiarity with regulatory codes including California building code, OSHA, FDA, EDA etc.
- Ability to research, interpret and apply regulatory code requirements.
- Familiarity with relevant engineering standards including standards developed by ASME, ASHRAE, ISO, ISA, AIA, ISPE, USDA etc.
- Familiarity with drawing standards and construction specifications.
- At a minimum, basic level of competency with AutoCAD.
- Ability to stay organized in the production of design documents.
- Ability to represent Wunderlich Malec in a professional and positive way to clients, vendors, contractors, and other third parties.
- High level of competency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project software.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Ability to travel to project sites.
Candidates with the following qualifications will be given preference.
- Experience working in engineering related capacity in a pharmaceutical, biotech, food and beverage, consumer goods manufacturing or other industrial manufacturing operation.
- Experience working with an engineering design firm or engineering consulting firm.
- PE license.
- Prior experience with process systems, CIP systems, steam systems, hydronic systems, compressed gas systems, ductwork and facility systems.
- Ability to demonstrate high quality of document and drawing preparation.
- Familiarity with the following software: Pipeflo, Caeser II, EnergyPro, Carrier HAP or other similar software.
- Standard office environment, on-site office environment, and diverse industrial/construction environments. Frequent PC usage, copy machines, phones.