One of the well renounced clients of Zeva IT LLC who is one of the largest and most well-established engineering companies in the United States, with offices throughout the U.S. and more than 400 professionals on staff looking for a full-time Sr. Controls Engineer located in Columbia, MD.
- This position requires the ability to deliver innovative automation solutions and design standards either self-directed or as a technical lead of a team. The candidate must have the ability to conceptualize, detail, and implement control systems for industrial processes that meet our customer’s requirements. This involves the development of a control system architecture, selecting the components to be used, detailing schematic diagrams and system documentation, programming controllers (PLC, DCS, RTU), programming the process visualization (HMI/SCADA), developing databases for archiving/displaying historical system data and implementing/commissioning the control system at the client’s facility. Knowledge of controller programming languages such as Ladder, Sequential Function Chart, Structured Text, and others to achieve the desired results is required. Also having knowledge of standard programming languages such as VBA, .NET, and SQL for the development of HMI/SCADA systems is preferred.
- For larger systems, experience with industrial networking used to connect control system components and instrumentation is preferred. The Controls Engineer would design, detail and implement a variety of fiber, wired and wireless systems using industrial protocols (Ethernet/IP, Profinet, Modbus, etc.).
- This position oftentimes requires the following project management responsibilities: developing project execution plans, work breakdown structures, and associated budgets, task prioritization and scheduling, task ordering, time tracking and reporting, financial tracking and reporting, early problem identification, conflict management/resolution, leading and supporting a team, and attending project status meetings. Also includes overseeing daily operations and activities of a project(s) up to $200k. This position is often responsible for ensuring the overall profitability of the project.
- The ideal candidate must have a diverse engineering skillset with the ability to work independently. Will act as technical lead on projects and guide lower-level engineers and technicians. Could also act as Project Manager on smaller projects
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Computer Science is required.
Greater than 7 years with capabilities in the below areas is preferred:
- In-depth understanding of DCS hardware/software platforms such as Emerson DeltaV or Honeywell Experion.
- Experience in industries such as Life Sciences, Building Automation, Specialty Chemicals, Food and Beverage, Oil & Gas, and Mining.
- Experience leading a team of engineers/technicians to provide control system solutions
- Experience mentoring less experienced engineers
- Professional references, preferably one from each of the following: a subordinate, a peer, and a manager.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Physical Demands of Position
Seeing, color perception, hearing, clear speech, dexterity in hands, driving, lifting, ability to mount/dismount equipment, pushing, and pulling.
Standard office environment, on-site office environment, diverse industrial environments, frequent use of a personal computer, facsimile/copy machines, phones.